FIELD OF APPLICATION
Washing products involves several product groups all meant for both private and professional use.
The product group “all-purpose cleaners and cleaners for sanitary facilities’” are composed of following three subgroups:
- All-purpose cleaners
comprising detergent products intended for the routine cleaning of floors, walls, ceilings, windows and other fixed surfaces, and which are dissolved or diluted in water prior to use. All purpose cleaners must have water content ≤ 90 % (w/w).
- Window cleaners
comprising specific all-purpose cleaners for the routing cleaning of windows, and which are either diluted in water prior to use or used without dilution. All window cleaners must have water content ≤ 95 % (w/w).
- Cleaners for sanitary facilities
comprising detergent products intended for the routine removal, including by scouring, of dirt and/or deposits in sanitary facilities, such as laundry rooms, bathrooms, showers, toilets and kitchens. All cleaners for sanitary facilities must have water content ≤ 90 % (w/w). It also include the following:
- Products which are automatically used when a toilet is flushed, such as ‘self-dosing-products’, including toilet blocks;
- Products for use in a toilet cistern;
- Products, which have no cleaning effects other than the removal of calcium carbonate (scale);
The product group also covers products for more specific cleaning uses, such as oven cleaners, floor-strippers, polishes, drain cleaners, and so on.
- The product group ‘hand dishwashing detergents’ shall comprise ‘all detergents intended to be used, to wash by hand, dishes, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, kitchen utensils and so on’.
- The product group ‘detergents for dishwashers’ shall comprise all detergents intended for use exclusively in automatic dishwashers.
- The product group ‘laundry detergents’ shall comprise all laundry detergents, in powder, liquid or any other form, for the washing of textiles.
This list is not comprehensive.
All ingredients and methods of preparation must conform to:
- the Regulation (EC) 1272/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 16th 2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures,
- the Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 18th 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) concerning washing and cleaning products,
- the Regulation (EC) 648/004 of the European Parliament and the Council of March 31st 2004 concerning detergents
and meet the additional stipulations of the present specifications.
Washing and cleaning products are not covered by EC Regulation 834/2007 concerning organically-grown products and do therefore not need to be certified.
However, the raw materials that would be organically-grown in the framework of the Ecogarantie® specifications, must meet the requirements of :