FIELD OF APPLICATION
Air fresheners may take different forms:
- Potpourri: essential oils applied on vegetable support that is cultivated or collected from wild plants.
- Incenses: essential oils applied on a wooden support and tree derived products like barks, pine cones,…
- Reed diffuser: essential oils dissolved in alcohol and contained in a glass bottle in which wooden sticks are dipped.
- Atomizer: essential oils dissolved in water and/or alcohol in a sprayer.
All ingredients and methods of preparation must conform to the Regulation
- (EC) 1272/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 16th 2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures,
- (EC) 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 18th 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) concerning air fresheners products,
and meet the additional stipulations of the present specification.
Air fresheners are not covered by EC Regulation 834/2007 concerning organically-grown products and therefore do not need to be certified.
However, the raw materials that are organically-grown in the framework of the Ecogarantie® specifications, must meet the requirements of: